Thursday, January 17, 2013

CPAM update

Delivery day keeps getting closer. Things have been going well with the CPAM. I've continued to have scans every 2 weeks with the Maternal Fetal Medicine office. The last visit on January 11th the doctors were not able to see the CPAM at all. They assumed it was because of the baby's position. I am scheduled to go in for my last scan on January 25th. The docs said they are ok with me delivering at Riverton and that my doc is ok to do the c-section on February 4th. I don't think I touched on this in my last post but I also met with a pediatric surgeon from Primary Childrens. He wasn't too concerned and also feels comfortable with me delivering at Riverton. I've followed blogs of other moms with CPAM babies. I feel very blessed that our little bub has such a small mass that has not caused pressure on the heart or any fluid to gather around her little lungs or heart. Of course there is always a chance of complications on her delivery date but we are keeping positive that all will be ok. A few days after birth she will have a CT scan to get a better view of how big the mass is. We'll then follow up with a pediatric surgeon to come up with a game plan to have the mass surgically removed when she is big enough to tolerate the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment