Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Baby B

I've really been horrible at keeping up on this blog.  My life has completely changed since my last post. I've become a mother. I don't know that I ever really got into the pregnancy story but I knew the very next morning that I was pregnant. I could just feel it. I also knew that I would have a girl. During the first half of my pregnancy people would guess the gender and everyone always said boy. I KNEW I was pregnant with a girl. I guess you could say I could just "feel" that too. Brighton was worn via csection on Monday, February 4th. She was perfect! During the second half of my pregnancy we were so worried that she might be born with a CCAM. A few days after birth nothing could be seen in those little lungs of hers. We spent five nights in the hospital due to me needing a blood transfusion but other than that things went great.

Brighton is now 4 and a half months old! I was so lucky to be able to stay home with her for the first 12 weeks. She's grown so much. We just had her 4 month check up and she weighed 15 pounds 12 ounces and is 24 inches long. She's started to eat some solids and she's such a good little eater. She loves her veggies! Her siblings are so good with her. Usually on weekends we have them I get about 30 minutes (the entire weekend) of time with her. They are always fighting over who gets to feed, change, hold, and help bathe her. She's lucky to have such great brothers and sisters. It seems as if she and Parker really have a special little bond. Parker absolutely ADORES Brighton. He loves to hold her and she will typically light right up when she sees him. I hope he will always be her big brother that looks out for her.









No comments:

Post a Comment