Friday, July 27, 2012

Surprise?!?

Yes, I have been a slacker with the blogging. With good reason though... My life has been anything but normal lately. If you have read my previous posts you know that I am a fairly recent newly wed. I was married the end of 2011 to a man with 4 kids. 4 really great kids btw! It's been a learning experience/curve to go from 1 to 6. Overall, I would say I have adjusted fairly well to it all. I've also been the main financial supporter for the past 5 months which hasn't been easy. Our lives have been a little stressed to say the least but we're getting through it.
It hasn't really been announced yet but I am 11 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I had my first ultrasound with my OB a week ago. It was such a fun day. I didn't know what to expect and was a bit nervous but I couldn't have asked for a better experience. My Dr is really great and I feel very lucky to have him help me through this pregnancy. The ultrasound went well. The baby's heartbeat was a strong and fast 165 bpm. Looks like a little peanut. They also drew some blood and collected a urine sample. I'll be participating in the NuMom2B study and will write about that 1st visit soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment